Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ELF Nail Polish Review - The Purple Trio


Left to Right: Mod Mauve, Berry Pink & Plum

I originally picked up this set of three ELF nail polishes because i LOVE the colour of Mod Mauve. However, after the first layer, i found it to be somewhat streaky and very very sheer. :( Berry pink was gorgeous and even with one layer, looked good to go. I dont think the camera does it justice as it is more of a light fuscia pink with a beautiful shimmer rather than more of a red tone pink as it looks in the camera. Plum is not as scary as it looks. It reminds me very much of crushed berries, and although dark, is wearable. The only problem i had with this one, was that it also applied somewhat streaky :(. Here's some swatches.

 
One layer each.. a bit streaky :(

Two layers :) much better!

Pros:

  • Colours are very wearable

  • Dries fairly fast
Cons:

  • Mod Mauve and Plum need multiple layers or else they streak

  • Plum stains my nails and can get very messy
Overall: A+ for Berry Pink, A for Mod Mauve, and C for Plum
I think these nail polishes are a good deal considering they only costed me $5.99  CAD! I absolutely love Berry Pink as it applies and looks beautifully. I love the colour of Mod Mauve, but I wish it applied as well as Berry Pink. However, I usually use 2-3 coats of nail polish anyways, so this is not a big deal for me. Plum on the other hand, was a bit too messy for my liking. I found that it was not only harder to apply, but also stained my nail and fingers. Overall, I would definately repurchase Berry Pink and Mod Mauve, but would pass on Plum. For more information, visit
ELF's Website.

xAgnes

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with any companies and any of the above products mentioned were all purchased by me with my own money, or given to me from family and friends. All reviews are from my personal experience and what works for me may not work for you. Please keep this in mind when testing these products.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar