Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Best and worst beauty brands

Here are some of my favourite and least favourite beauty brands with a short explanation for why they are my top pick for a pick-me-up or the first one to go in the bin when they don't live up to expectations.

Favourite brands

Dior



If I could live with only one beauty brand, it would be Dior. I'm currently wearing their waterproof eye pencil, lipstick and rosey blush. I'm also interested in buying their foundation. I also recently purchased their Air highlighter, and I think it's the most beautiful one ever created. Truly a work of art! Dior makeup picks me up and refreshes me even on my worst days, it's just amazing. Oh and I'm also going to purchase their pretty nailpolish in Bonheur!





Guerlain



When I want a great eyeshadow quad or a pretty BB cream, I will go to Guerlain. Also their lipsticks are ultra girly and well... they make Meteorites! What can I say!





Clinique



For something a bit more intense, practical and fragrance free I will have a look at Clinique products. They have more sturdy packaging which makes it easier for my heart to cope with carrying pretty products around. They also have some great mascara and matte lipsticks. I love their eyeshadows, milled loose powders, lipsticks, lipliner, eyeliner,... one thing I don't like are their greasy foundations.

Nuxe



I love Nuxe for their lovely packaging, their purity, their honey face washes and clean light eye creams. I really want to try their beauty oil.

Physician's Formula



For the best highlighters, bronzers and blushes I would recommend Physician's Formula too as a sort of in between brand price-wise. Their star products are their mood blushes, their blurry cube highlighters and the bronzers with the creative carving that always makes you dream of a summer holiday.

Lierac



I'm a total pharmacy girl, I believe that the brands that make it in the pharmacy have that little extra that just makes them better than the couture brands. They work better, smell cleaner and absorb better. They have a long history of testing and the formulas improve. Lierac would be my go to brand for body lotions, lip balms and face creams. All the must haves for basic care really.

Caudalie



Caudalie claims to be an organic beauty brand. Meaning they don't use sodium laureth sulfate, parabens, mineral oils, ftalates, etc... I'm in love with their shower gels, I quite liked their Divine oil and face cleansing foam, and I would really like to try their shampoo if they have any, since I now know they producy sodium laureth sulfate free!

Roc



Roc is a classic that my mother used to have in her beauty case. They sort of disappeared from the household since my mother is the most un-made-up person ever, but I recently discovered them myself because I was looking for retinol creams. Retinol is the one ingredient that always pops on websites with rejuvenating tips. The only products at the pharmacy that had retinol in them were the ones by Roc, so I bought both the eye and face cream and I must say I like them!

Worst brands

Bourjois



Bourjois is a very likeable product, tempting to buy, they use pretty sultry models and they claim to go for "antioxidant" powders and foundations. But all the products I've tried were disappointing. Their powders are yellowish, their lipsticks too red/orangey toned, their eyeliner oily and short lasting, their eyebrow pencils too dark and greasy, their foundation oily and yellowish, their blushes not long lasting enough, their eyeshadows poorly pigmented, etc...

Maybelline



Same as Bourjis, but with a little extra: a horrendous smell. It used to not be like that, heck, I'm still buying great lipsticks from eBay. So what happened?

Kruidvat



Kruidvat is a Benelux drugstore that also happens to want to have its own brand with cheaper alternatives for beauty products. They steal every idea and then try to produce it for a lower price but also with worse ingredients and results. Their products simply don't work.

Biguine



Another mess is Biguine. I don't know where it came from but it's been there for years and I know soeone suddenly had a "luminous" idea to make this brand. Their eyepencils are too hard, their reverse lip liner was super oily and shiney it was embarassing to wear, their lipstick in old pink looked more like dead lilac, their long lasting lipliners don't work... there is basically no good product in the entire brand.

Hema



I haven't been in a Hema in years because everything I ever got there didn't work or was poor quality. The picture explains a first problem: everything looks the same. Products also has a cheap scent, poor pigmentation and a greasy or metallic finish. I'd rather buy Essence or Catrice.

Kerastase



If you feel like really wasting money and ruin your hair, buy Keraste, the professional version of L'Oreal. Seriously, I literally ruined my hair for 40 euros.

La Roche Possay



This one gets the prize for smelliest lotion and most irritating and short lasting mascara.

What are your favourite brands and which ones do you wish never existed?

x

Aurora

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar