Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Top 5: Blushes


Blushes are becoming one of my new favorite beauty products to purchase but I tend to reach for a select few when I'm doing my makeup. Choosing my top five blushes wasn't very difficult because I chose the ones I reach for most often and would highly recommend to my friends and readers. The blushes I chose were (starting from top left clockwise) Hard Candy Smooth Talker, Nars Deep Throat, Illamasqua Rude, Rimmel Santa Rose, and Milani Luminous.

Hard Candy Smooth Talker is one of those "my cheeks but better" blushes that I reach for when I want a natural, subtle sheen on my cheeks. I swirl my blush brush through all four quadrants of color which ends up looking like a peachy neutral shade.

Nars Deep Throat is the perfect peachy pink shade for that glowy, healthy look. I love using this blush when I'm keeping my eye makeup very simple so that my cheeks can stand out a bit. You can see a swatch of this blush HERE. The lasting power on this blush is amazing; I can wear it for more than 12 hours and it's still visible at the end of the day on my oily skin.

Illamasqua Rude is a cream blush, the only cream blush I own at the moment. The color is beautifully bright yet subtle on the cheeks once it's blended in. The finish is natural and despite being a cream, it does not make my oily skin even more shiny.

Rimmel Santa Rose is hands down, my most used blush because it looks great with any look. This blush is the epitome of the kind of beauty products that look rather uninspiring in the pan but transform into a beauty once applied. You can see it compared to a few other similar drugstore blushes HERE.

Milani Luminous is one of those Nars Orgasm dupes and although I cannot attest to that claim, Luminous is a great blush in its own right. The powder is very finely milled and tightly packed which means a light tap with a blush brush is all you need. This is similar to Deep Throat in that you get a lovely, radiant cheek with minimal effort.


The swatches above do not do justice to Santa Rose, Smooth Talker, or Deep Throat. Believe me, you can see the colors much better in real life. You can see how I tend to favor peachy pink blushes that give the skin just a hint of color. I find these the easiest to pull off for my skin tone but I love experimenting with all types of colors. You may be wondering what a Too Faced swatch it doing there.


The above blush is part of the Too Faced Glamour To Go Palette which was released in 2009 for the holidays. This blush is one of my favorite shades but there is no shade name to be found and the palette was limited edition. I did not want to include this blush in my top five picks but felt it deserved a shout out. The powder is super finely milled and the color is just bright enough to render it dear to my collection. I desperately want to find a dupe for this so any suggestion will be appreciated! I have a feeling Mac's Fleur Power might be similar.

Check out the video below for more swatches and thoughts!


What are your favorite blushes? I'm always open to suggestions and recommendations!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar