Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Rouge A Levres - Lipstick Swatchfest

Howdy? I noticed that recently, I have only been doing swatches and reviews  mostly on blushes so this time, I decided to swatch my very minimal lipstick collection together with a couple more lip products. I will also be including a very brief review and/or description of each product so I can give you an idea on how they work for me. I would like to apologize for the lines on the pictures, my camera, I think, is busted. On to the mini swatch fest.





1. Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Chamade - This is a reddish-pink shade that looks quite similar to MAC Sheen Supreme Ultra Darling on my lips. It's applies very smoothly, glides like butter, and never drying on my lips. It leaves a nice light stain on my lips after a few hours with sips and chews in between. Can be applied sheer or layered for a more opaque and bright colour. Mildly scented. Plus I love the sleek packaging.


2. Guerlain Kiss Kiss Stick Gloss in Corail des Mers - If I want something lighter that will look pretty natural on my lips, this is the one I swipe on 'em. It is glossy on its own and goes on smoothly on the lips. It initially looks a bright coral-pink but it turns to a peachy-pink shade after a while. Has a strong scent that I sometimes cannot tolerate.


3. YSL Rouge Pur Couture in Rose Dahlia - This is the shade I go for when I feel like my skin's dull due to lack of sleep and this immediately brightens up my face. It is a lovely coral-pink shade that is opaque which leaves a pretty stain on the lips. Lasts for a few hours too just like Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Chamade. Has a strong rose scent too that my sense of smell has gotten accustomed to.



4. YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in Coral Fauve - My latest acquisition. Lately, I have been into tints and stains as they last longer on my skin and lips so I decided I should give this a try. It is a non-sticky gloss with a reddish coral tint that lasts for hours. It leaves a stain behind even with the gloss going kaput. It is a bright coral-pink upon application but it turns red-coral on me. And if I apply a second coat, the color is intensified making it look red on me. It also amazes me how non-drying it is. Now I love it and I want a pink shade - 15 or 13, perhaps. Sadly, the brand has pulled out and is no longer locally available. Why, Rustan's, why?!!!!!!


5. Chanel Rouge Allure in Comedia - As my very first high end lipstick, this has earned a spot in my heart. The very sleek and classy packaging got me at first glance. The shade is a nice rosy pink-peach shade with nice flecks of gold shimmer that is very fine, giving the lips a certain sheen. It also lasts a couple of hours on my and does not dry my lips either.

6. MAC Sheen Supreme in Ultra Darling - Pardon the different lip pose for this swatch. Anyway, this is a reddish-pink shade just like Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Chamade with a glossy and shiny finish. It also does not dry out my lips and lasts for a few hours. Smells like vanilla too.
 
7. Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti - I don't know how this particular lippy made it to this date as this has already melted and I can no longer apply it without a lip brush. As the name suggests, it is a lip butter which also melts as quick as butters do when it's hot. While I love the shade and its longevity, it dries my lips. Not happy with this product at all.


8. Model's Own Lip Balm in Tangerine - I love this tinted lip balm and has been my go-to lippy for months now. This is a verrry pigmented tinted lip balm that keeps my lips moisturized through out the day. Shade is red-orange that smells fruity and juicy but can be sheered out by applying very little product on the lips. I also love how long lasting it is and has the ability to brighten my face. And quite inexpensive too, just not locally available. Dang!

 9. Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate - When I want to wear a tinted lip balm that isn't as bright as Model's Own Lip Balm in Tangerine and more natural looking, this is what I dab on my lips. It is a sheer coral-pink shade that is moisturizing with a scent I like too.


10. Sleek Pout Polish in Powder Pink - I received this product from Updated Trends third quarter of last year. This is a sheer candy/baby pink shade that can make me look pale on its own so I usually use this as a base for other lip products or as a gloss on top of a brighter shade to tone it down. This isn't drying and I like how glossy it is.

No lip swatch:

11. Caudalie Paris Lip Conditioner - I don't think there is a point to swatch this since it doesn't have any tint at all. This lip balm rescues my lips from wind burns and when my lips get very dry. I usually apply this before bed time to hydrate my lips and I wake up to softer smoother lips that are less drier than the night before. It has a strong vanilla scent so I do not use this on a regular basis.

12. DLE Cosmetics Light Up Gloss in Pink Fetisssh - see my review HERE.

13. DLE Cosmetics Light Up Gloss in Jess Barely - This is a very basic lip gloss with fancy light up packaging that allows you to apply it even in the dark. It also has a small mirror on the side so it's pretty great for touch ups. It isn't that sticky which is nice. Shade is a very sheer almost translucent pink with shimmers perfect to be used on top of lipsticks.

So that about sums up my lipsticks and other tinted/lip balms. I hope you find something useful on this post.

Have a wonderful weekend, super awesome peeps! Stay tuned for another scheduled post tomorrow! :D

Cheers,

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar