Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Let's Have A Catch Up | Blogtober + Moving

Today my main priority has been packing, today and tomorrow are my main days that I have to get the majority of big things packed so blogging unfortunately hasn't been high up on my to do list though. I don't want to miss a day of blogtober though after coming this far so I thought I would just do a little chatty Sunday post, a catch up of what's been happening recently! Hopefully after I've moved and settled my content will improve again and I'll be back to normal completely.


Photo credit: Makeup Savvy

Most of my week has been spent clearing out and packing, as most of you probably know by now I'll be moving up north very soon. Everything is just about sorted and ready now, all I have to do is finish packing! I'm pretty excited, 2 years of long distance in a relationship isn't easy at all, I'll actually be writing a post about my experience very soon with some tips for anyone else hopefully. I really cannot wait to see the back of long train journeys every few weeks, they were exhausting and it is definitely the right time to make the move. I'll be moving to Hull so if you are a Hull blogger, or from near there, then say hi! I would love to get to know some other bloggers in the area as apart from my boyfriend and my grandparents who live near Hull I don't really have anyone else up there that I know yet.

Of course I have to talk about Blogtober! I can't believe that it is day 16 and I haven't missed a day yet, I really feel like I could complete this. Some days my posts have been pretty short and not my usual quality because of bad pain and fatigue but I'm glad that I still managed to post on those days. I never in a million years thought that I could blog everyday for a week, let alone over 2. One thing that has helped me to take on this task is my new laptop table. Sitting at my desk isn't easy anymore and I can only manage to do it for about 10 minutes at a time before pain forces me to lay down so being able to blog laying now is perfect. The table can tilt so I don't need to strain my hands to reach the keyboard of my netbook and it also has a cooling fan in it, definitely one of my best buys in a while.

As for next week unfortunately I do have a hospital appointment. I thought I was going to be free from them until I'd moved but I got a phonecall from Great Ormond Street this week to arrange my cardiac MRI for Tuesday. I'm at St Barts hospital now for my heart but they still use GOSH for their cardiac MRI scans because the equipment they have there is so good. No complaints from me about it, I spent my whole life having appointments there and everyone is so friendly, it become a second home almost. Also, I get to watch a DVD while I have my scan which will be about an hour long, so I can't complain about that. The results of this MRI will determine when I'll need heart surgery, my aortic root will definitely need replacing at some point but the echo/ultrasound I had a few months back didn't give us clear enough measurements of my aorta so it was difficult to predict when I might need the surgery. I'm hoping to get away without having it for another 3-5 years hopefully as I'd quite like a break from major surgery! I shall cross that bridge when I get to it though.

For the moment though I'm completely focused on moving and I'm looking forward to almost having a fresh start up north, I've got a good feeling about it.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar