Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

AMERICAN: MAYBELLINE BABY LIPS IN 'GRAPEVINE'

Maybelline_Baby_Lips (3)
Maybelline_Baby_Lips (4)
Maybelline_Baby_Lips (10)
Maybelline_Baby_Lips (7)


Firstly, allow me to apologise for the awful photography. I didn't have time to retake these photos before my niece made off with this product so I'm terribly sorry about that...


Maybelline Baby Lips, in all forms, have been massively hyped up. Our American friends rave about them so when the brand announced that these products would be coming to British stores there was a near hysterical flurry of interest. I, for one, was very excited. Then my beautiful friend Islay bought me one back from her trip to New York...


The packaging is cute. It's a twist up balm with a sturdy bullet that's in the colour that the name suggests it should be. I was given 'Grape Vine' which is a plum colour (not available in the UK at the present) and thought it would be a great subtle wash of colour for the coming autumn/winter. The scent is very artificially sweet - not that 'grape' like, to be honest (although I admit I've never actually sniffed a grape so maybe that's what they do smell like?). It applies easily and doesn't drag my lips but the colour pay-off is barely noticeable, it's not even subtle - it's just, well, nothingness. The swatch above was taken after about ten applications and even then it's not particularly thrilling.


The claims that this is 8 hours worth of moisture is a bit of an over statement. If anything, I had to keep reapplying it because my lips felt like they weren't moisturized enough. There's no SPF in the ingredients and the overall texture was smooth but slimey. 


So all in all, it wasn't the best product I've ever applied to my lips. Some bloggers have mentioned that Maybelline have perhaps changed the formulas for the launch in UK, they're apparently a little more pigmented now, but in my opinion, they're simply much glorified basic lip balms and I won't be picking up any others. It was great to try it out though so thank you very much to Islay for that - I'm very grateful. I also know another little lady that's extremely grateful because she happens to love it that much she took it home with her...


Elsie_With_Baby_Lips

Future blogger?


Maybelline Baby Lips RRP £2.99 - 6 different flavours are available across the UK from high streets and drugstores online.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar