Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

AMW Reviews: Revlon's Fire & Ice Nail Polish Collection




I can still remember my first Revlon product.  It was a clear Nail Polish which I bought a couple of years ago when I was in Hong Kong!  I think it was those rare moments I had to bring myself to Hong Kong to purchase a good "clear polish" used as a top coat because my nail polish just won't last for more than 3 days! 

Revlon, is known as a pioneer in the beauty industry with its matching lip and nail shade statements.  I can still remember those US magazines I've bought as I stare at the gorgeous print ad from the said brand!  This month, they are re-introducing its famous "lips and tips" pairings with the Fire & Ice Collection.  This collection includes 3 new shades in the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick with matching Revlon Nail Enamels.  These shades pay homage to the classic colors of what started Revlon as....Revlon!

(Note from AMW: The red lipstick equivalent is not on photo as it's packaged differently, will share the details soon)
 

I will do a separate post on the lipsticks, for today, I will be showing you the Nail Polish Collection newly launched for the love month called February!


Revlon Nail Enamel says ---
Shades that pay homage to the classic colors that put Revlon at the forefront within the cosmetics realm.
3 New Revlon Nail Enamel Shades: Siren, Temptress, Demure and All Fired Up (Existing shade ina  new bottle with Vintage Revlon logo)
 

AMW says ---
Pros
  • Very rich, pigmented shade.
  • Shade name and number seen on top of the nail brush handle which makes it easy to identify.
  • Shades are very pretty and unique!
  • If you are into matte, yet not so boring shade of matte, these are the ones!
  • Dries up a bit fast.  1 coat can dry up around 5 minutes, 2 coats get to be completely dry in 10 minutes.  Not bad!
  • The polish can last for a week if you applied a good base and top coat!
  • Nice classic Revlon logo.
Cons
  • Brush is a bit too slim, I like the wide flat brush (personal choice).
  • Limited edition, so I'm not sure until when will these gorgeous shades be available.
  • Others may find this a bit pricey.
    Overall
    Revlon polishes has been around but haven't been given much time of the day because of the limited shades available as compared to other brands!  I am glad they are playing up with their game and are now coming up with shades that calls for classic with a modern twist!  Fashion is obviously recyclable and nail polish shades aren't exceptions to the rules!

    Tips
    • Always apply your preferred base or anti-yellowing polish prior to polish application for protection.
    • If possible, give your nails a week of rest prior to changing nail polish shades (I should listen to my own tip...lol!)
    • Always start application in the middle of your fingernail then gently apply both sides.  Never re-apply polish on the same area.
    • Do not apply polish in front of a fan!  This may cause polish to bubble up!
    • Never shake your polish, roll them gently between your palms instead.
    • Do not put acetone if your polish is drying up, it may work for the first few tries but it will make your polish dry out even more.
    • Do not put polish inside the fridge or directly under the sun.  
    • Always follow with your preferred top coat to make the polish last longer.
    • If applying nail polish is your weakness, you can have your nails done outside then bring the shade you want! 
    Will I repurchase?
    Yes!

    To whom do I recommend this to?
    Anyone who's into colored nails!

    Where to purchase and how much?
    For Php225.00 (approx $5.10) each.  Available starting February 2011 in Watsons, Beauty by SM, Landmark, Robinsons, Metro Gaisano, Unimart, Sta. Lucia East, other major retailers nationwide and Revlon counters Worldwide!

    Fire & Ice Nail Polish Collection Freshly applied 
    2 coats, no top coat


    440 Siren


    675 All Fired Up


    168 Temptress


    229 Demure


    It's actually a shocker, but it's a first for me to try Revlon Nail Polish with colors!  I've always been purchasing their colorless polish which works out really well.  I guess I wasn't thinking much about Revlon when it comes to nail polish!  With this new collection, it's starting to change my mind!  I am impressed with the 4 shades offered in this collection.  I can't even find a favorite of mine because each gives out a very unique character!

    What's your favorite shade in this collection?
    Keep smilin'
    Stay happy!
     

    Yorum Gönder

    0 Yorumlar